Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The ATF Was At My Door - Seriously, They Were!

     So, it's about 10pm on a Wednesday night. The oldest is doing her artwork on the computer, the other 2 are watching TV, and the wife is baking. My son comes into the room and says "Daddy, there's a policeman at the door!" At first I thought: "Oh great, what did the neighbors do now?" I went out on the porch...didn't know what it was about and I didn't want to scare the kids. When I got out there they handed me this:


During the time it took for me to read their card and for them to explain to me why they were there, many thoughts went through my mind:

- Facebook and Twitter monitoring your posts and comments.
- The DHS and their new "parameters" for who the terrorists are.
- The Democrat barrage of the Tea Party and Conservatives as terrorists, gun lovers, violent extremists, hostage takers, etc.
- The obviously conservative and Tea Party stickers on my car.
- Proud member of the CTPP.

     Never in my life would I ever have thought that the government would be at my door for my political beliefs BUT, for a few seconds I honestly thought that that was why the ATF was at my home, given what is coming out of DC these days. I should have faith that We The People will never let that happen in America but it brings a tear to my eye that there is a sliver of doubt in my mind that it could happen. I suppose that is the point of this whole story. I find the contempt this administration holds for America and the citizens who love their country utterly disgusting. I also find it equally disgusting that my mind even entertains the thought that the government would do such a thing!

     As it turns out, they were there because the gun shop at the end of my street was robbed the night before. The thieves took guns but no money and that's why the ATF was involved. They were canvassing the area to see if anyone had any information.

Here's to my slivers of doubt never coming true!

Scott B.

No comments:

Post a Comment