Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Obama Twists and Shouts


 
Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC)
said this:
“I have very little tolerance for people who tell me that they graduate with $200,000 of debt or even $80,000 of debt because there’s no reason for that,” Rep. Foxx said in a radio interview.
“We live in an opportunity society and people are forgetting that. I remind folks all the time that the Declaration of Independence says ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.’ You don’t sit on your butt and have it dumped in your lap,” she added.

Here's what Obama said she said:
“I want to read a quote. This is from a Republican congresswoman. I didn’t really understand this. I’m quoting her,” the president said.
“She said that she has ‘very little tolerance for people who tell me they graduate with debt because there’s no reason for that.’ She said, students who rack up student loan debt are just sitting on their butts, having opportunity ‘dumped in your lap.’”
 I think this is a good example as to how people like Obama twist other peoples words to get the reaction they want from whomever they're talking to. It can be as simple as leaving a word or two out, or adding a word or two. Changes everything don't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment